Design Palette Pro
- Ease of setup - 8.5/108.5/10
- Ease of use - 8.5/108.5/10
- Support - 9.0/109.0/10
- Pricing - 7/107/10
If you aren't a coder, Design Palette Pro was made for you. Customize your Genesis site quickly and easily from your dashboard!
It’s common knowledge that we are huge fans of the Genesis framework. However, it’s easy to take our level of experience and knowledge for granted in recommending Genesis to other people, as there is some coding required if you want to customize your child theme beyond what’s shown in the demo.
Enter Design Palette Pro. Created by Reaktiv Studios, DPP is an amazing plugin that allows you to change fonts, colors, padding, and other features within your Genesis theme, all from the convenience of your dashboard. DPP provides a real-time preview of the changes you make so you can approve them before saving your customizations.
A couple of caveats:
- Design Palette Pro only works with newer HTML5 Genesis child themes, so if you have an older theme, this may not be an option for you.
- Most (but not all) StudioPress child themes are supported. You can view a list of themes on the DPP website.
- DPP does not offer unlimited or lifetime licensing, so there is an annual renewal fee required to keep receiving support and updates.
- DPP only allows style changes and does not support functionality edits such as layouts, removing/changing post meta, etc.
All that said, we believe DPP is an excellent solution for those who want to customize Genesis but don’t know how to alter CSS. The plugin is easy enough for beginners and, as always, Reaktiv Studios provides excellent support should you run into any difficulties.
Now that nearly all StudioPress child themes are supported, DPP is an unstoppable force in making Genesis customizations easier than ever before.