We offer a wide array of WordPress-related services with an emphasis on web development and technical support. Use the tabs below to get a better picture of what we offer, and please don't hesitate to contact us if you have questions or need more information.
We're often asked, "Why should I choose Nuts and Bolts Media? What kind of benefits will I receive as a client?" Here are some of the features included in every one of our client projects:
• Mobile responsive HTML5 design so your website looks great on all screen sizes and devices
• The Genesis framework and a child theme (premade or custom depending on the type of project you choose)
• Installation of basic plugins for security, spam protection, image optimization, and speed
• The amazing Gravity Forms plugin for contact forms, polls, quizzes, and any other kind of form you can imagine
• WordPress tutorial videos embedded in your dashboard so you can learn the basics at your own pace
• 14 days of free support/tweaks once your new site is live
• A video walkthrough of your specific site, its features, and how to change or edit content
• Ongoing site maintenance and support at an affordable monthly rate (optional)
• One-on-one training at an hourly rate (optional)
We make every effort to give our clients the tools they need to maximize the potential of their websites and blogs, and we're always available to provide resource recommendations or answer questions. We value our clients and want them to feel comfortable, competent, and confident as they get started.
We offer both blog and website design at affordable rates to match any budget. All Nuts and Bolts Media sites are built on the Genesis Framework.
When you hire us for your design project, you can rest assured that our work is never outsourced - we complete all design projects in-house, from coding to graphics. And we're always a phone call or email away!
Have a design already and need someone to code it for you? We'll convert your mockup to a beautiful, functional WordPress website running the Genesis framework. As always, our development work is never outsourced and we'll be available for support and guidance as you launch the new custom Genesis theme on your site.
Often, our clients request design help and/or tech support on an ongoing basis. Our retainer services allow you to select a number of hours each month for any sort of help you can imagine – layout tweaks, consulting, or even general questions about WordPress.
Have a need that doesn’t quite fit the options here? Contact us via email or our contact page and we’ll be happy to send you a quote!
We accept all kinds of custom projects, such as tweaks to an existing site, converting your site or mockup to Genesis, email list opt-in forms and newsletter designs, CSS fixes, and logo repairs.
The Blogger to WP migration starts at $500 and includes the following:
• Transfer of all posts, comments, images, pages, and sidebars
• Installation of WordPress, the Genesis Framework, and a customized child theme
• Redirection of your old site to the new one
• Installation of basic plugins
• Option to recreate your current site's design
Unhappy with your current web host and ready to move elsewhere? Nuts and Bolts Media can move your existing self-hosted site in a matter of a few hours!
All rates include transfer of up to 2 sites – please let us know if you have additional sites that need to be migrated.
Our individual and group training packages are perfect for those who want to learn WordPress in a supportive, stress-free environment. No matter how you prefer to learn – online via screen-sharing software, over the phone, or in person (available on a limited basis) – we’ll walk you through every step of using, changing, or even creating your WordPress website.
Here are some example of the types of individual training we provide:
• Installing WordPress
• Growing your blog audience
• Choosing a web host
• The ins and outs of the WordPress dashboard
• How to create posts and pages
• How to change your theme
• Changing your website’s colors
• Using social media
• Speeding up a slow website
• Using and optimizing WordPress plugins
Are you a web designer learning to use WordPress and/or Genesis? Need help with functionality or CSS changes for client sites? Our hourly, hands-on training for web designers will walk you through the specific projects you need help with, allowing you to learn at your own pace and apply that knowledge to future client projects.
We are so excited about our upcoming online courses and ebooks. They’ll be ready in early 2014 and will provide a unique way to learn about blogging, WordPress, and a variety of other topics. If you’d like to be the first to know when online courses and ebooks are available, enter your email address below.
Our website management services are some of our most popular offerings. For a reasonable monthly fee, we take care of everything related to the functionality of your site – all you do is add content!
Site management includes:
• Management for up to 2 websites/blogs
• Weekly backups of your complete site
• Plugin, theme, and WordPress core updates
• Uptime and performance Monitoring
• Plugin installation and optimization
• Daily malware scans (and removal if needed)
• Monthly reports
• Troubleshooting for “Oops, my site is broken!” issues
Is your existing site in need of a tune-up? Our comprehensive site audit will give you an idea of your site’s strengths, as well as areas in need of improvement and how to make changes.
Site Audits Include:
• Design review (overall look and feel of your site)
• Social media review (utilization and performance of social media accounts)
• Content review (ability of content to appeal to your intended audience)
• Exposure (is your audience finding your site?)
• Technical review (site speed, plugins, coding)
• SEO/Monetization (your site’s performance in search results and potential ways to monetize)
Perhaps you’d prefer to set up or manage your own website but need some guidance on what steps to take. We offer a number of consultation formats (phone, email, Skype, text chat) to get the help you need without extensive research or long telephone hold times.
• One-time email help for a specific issue or project
• Support subscription service for maintaining or developing your website long-term
• Walkthroughs via Skype, phone, or remote computer access
Nuts and Bolts Media offers a variety of additional tech support services, including (but not limited to) the following:
• Malware removal
• SEO tutorials, keyword research, and management
• Plugin optimization and installation
• Help with minor coding issues or broken sites